Our approach to fixing our democracy is pragmatic — we know that lasting policy changes in Washington require crosspartisan cooperation and bridge-building. But we are bold and ambitious about our goals and hopeful that we can bring about major political reform to build a more inclusive democracy. We are entrepreneurial and work everyday to seize on opportunities to blaze new paths for reform. Learn more about Issue One.
We are a fast-growing organization, so please check back for new postings.
Don’t see a job for you? Check out democracyjobs.org for open roles with our partners.
Our Commitment to DEI
We understand an inclusive democracy cannot be achieved without first making diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) an important part of our internal culture. Learn more about Issue One’s commitment to DEI.
We are an office of optimists who know hard work must be balanced with a fun and supportive work atmosphere. We value a positive work-life balance and back that up by offering a compensation and benefits package that is very competitive. We also invest in the professional development and wellbeing of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (100% employer paid for all full-time staff)
- Over 50 paid days off annually, including holidays, vacation, personal time, and office-wide closures
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth retirement plan (includes 5% employer match after six months of employment)
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Reimbursements and Stipends (IO offers several opportunities for reimbursement!)
- Internet Reimbursement; Commuter Stipend (if in DMV region); Wellness Reimbursement; Professional Development; Student Loan Assistance; Outside the Box Stipend; Concert/Theater Ticket Reimbursement; Home Office Stipend
- Free membership to Betterhelp.com for prioritizing mental health
- Time off to volunteer
- Resume and LinkedIn Profile Revamp
A comprehensive overview of our benefits is available here.